Dr. L. Chan
World Languages Chairperson
Office: (516) 434-3179
Welcome to the World Languages Department at the Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District!¡Hola! Bonjour! Ciao! 你好!Our department offers a comprehensive K-12 program in foreign languages. Students have the opportunity to study Mandarin Chinese, Italian, French, American Sign Language and Spanish.
Highlights of our program include …
- the study of Mandarin Chinese from grades 1 through 12
- the opportunity to study more than one foreign language in high school
- exploratory language classes in French, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish through Curriculum Enrichment Units for 5th graders
- Advanced Placement and honor courses in Spanish, Italian and French
- the study of American Sign Language in Kindergarten
Curriculum Support GuidesThe following links have been prepared for students that are self-selecting to enroll in an Honors course for the 2016-2017 school year. The files contain links to youtube videos and powerpoints that review important grammatical and vocabulary concepts.Resources for Listening Comprehension:__________________________________________________________________________SpanishL. EifertA. GlassmanK. FalboD. HershkowitzB. O'SullivanN. PupilloM. SchaeferT. SchmeltzL. SteinbergS. SumodS. RoehrigG. RamírezC. VisbalK. YanchChineseR. FiresteinH. JungI. C. WongAmerican Sign LanguageB. YannottaY. FortmeyerD. GoldmeierFrenchS. RoehrigS. SimmonsR. SmithJ. WilliamsItalianN. Pupillo
- Attention 5th grade students - click HERE to watch a presentation about your language selection.
- High School Students - Want to add another language to your schedule next year? Click HERE to see your options.
- Chinese Expands Business Opportunities - Click HERE to watch a video about China's new Apple Store.
- Click HERE to read our Fall 2014 edition of the Chinese newsletter.
- Click HERE to read a letter regarding a change in the listening comprehension assessment for midterm and final/FLACS exams.