Private/Parochial School Transportation Information
Parents of children attending private or parochial schools for the 2022-2023 school year are required by law to file a formal request for transportation for their children on or before April 1, 2022.
It's possible transportation will not be provided for your child for one of the following reasons: (i) the distance from your home to the school is greater than 15 miles; (ii) the decision to enroll in a private or parochial school is made after April 1; (iii) the application is not submitted by April 1. If transportation is not provided for any of these reasons, the cost and responsibility for arranging transportation will rest with the parent/guardian. Transportation is not provided on the following days: Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, MLK Jr Day, President's Day, Memorial Day and any day declared as a public holiday by the POTUS or the Governor. Transportation is not provided for orientation days prior to the opening of the Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District. Transportation is not provided to private or parochial schools when the POB school district is closed due to inclement weather. When the POB school district operates on a delayed schedule due to inclement weather, the private and parochial buses will also operate under that delayed schedule.
Kindergarten students must be registered with the Plainview-Old Bethpage school district before transportation can be applied for. You can contact the District Registrar at (516) 434-3074 or via email at email@example.com.
For the 2022-2023 school year, the Plainview-Old Bethpage School District will be collecting applications electronically. We will not be accepting paper applications. The website will allow you to enter separate applications for each child. Applications do not carry over from school year to school year, new applications need to be submitted each year.
Instructions to apply for transportation to a private or parochial school for the 2022-2023 school year:
- If you do not already have an account with FamilyID, you’ll need to create one at https://hello.familyid.com/.
- Note: Create the account with YOUR information (parent / guardian), not your child’s information
- After you have an activated account, please go directly to the Transportation Application page at https://www.familyid.com/programs/2022-2023-parochial-private-school-transportation-application
- Read the relevant information and then click the Register Now button
- Once in the registration form, the website will ask for “participant” information. This (participant) is your child, not you. All fields with a red * are required to have an answer
- Click the Continue button when your form is complete
- Review your application summary
- Click the blue Submit button. After selecting Submit, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your application
At any time, you may log in at https://www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the Registration tab in the blue menu bar at the top of your screen.