• Frequently Asked Questions

    This is a Frequently Asked Question section where questions regarding the program can be answered. If your question is not listed, please feel free to call Cheryl Dender in the Child Care office at: (516) 434-3124.
    Making Changes Your Child Care Schedule:
    How many schedule changes per year can I make?
    New To Child Care: 


    How much does Child Care cost?

    The cost of the program is $15.00 for the morning session, $15 for two hours in the afternoon, and $22 for three hours in the afternoon. If your child is absent from school or you pick your child up earlier then the pick-up time you indicated, you will still be billed for the days/times you selected.


    When does the program start in the morning?

    Child Care begins at 7:00 AM every school day.

    When is the latest I can pick my child up in the afternoon?

    On regular school days, Child Care is open until 6:00 PM at POB Middle School and Mattlin Middle School, 6:15 at the District’s four elementary schools, Half-days are operated separately from regular Child Care and may have different hours.

    Are there days Child Care is closed?

    Yes. Child Care is only open on regular, full-days of school. Child Care does offer a separate half-day program for when the District holds a half-day at the four elementary schools (separate registration is required even if your child is already registered in Child Care). There is no half-day program offered at the middle schools.

    What schools offer Child Care?

    Child Care is currently offered at:  OId Bethpage Elementary School, Parkway Elementary School, Pasadena Elementary School, Stratford Road Elementary School, Mattlin MS , and POB Middle School only if there is sufficient enrollment. 

    How can I register for Child Care?

    We will be using Family ID for registration and the non-refundable $50 per child registration fee must paid at the time registration. Your registration must be completed by August 18, 2022 in order to start the first day of school. There will be no exceptions. Each school has a maximum cap of how many students can be registered each day. 


    Does Child Care provide breakfast in the morning or a snack in the afternoon?

    Yes. In the mornings, Child Care provides breakfast and in the afternoons, Child Care provide a variety of snacks. Children are allowed to bring their own breakfast/snack, but the program kindly asks that they are not nut-based or made in a nut facility.

    Can children do homework in Child Care?
    All children will do their homework after snack time. There is a designated "quiet time" for 30 minutes following snack (Monday through Thursday) in all elementary and middle schools. For students who do not have homework, please have them bring in a book to read or we will provide a book for them. 


    Can I register for Child Care at other times during the school year?

    If space is available you can begin the program approximately two weeks after all forms are completed.

    Is there a minimum amount of time my child must be registered for?

    Yes. Children must be registered for a minimum of 6 school weeks.

    Jump Back To Top

    Billing & Payments:


    What forms of payment does the Child Care Program accept?

    The Child Care Program only accepts personal checks, bank/teller checks, money orders and credit cards.  Per district policy, the Child Care Program does not accept cash.


    Will my invoice change from month-to-month?

    The first invoice you receive should detail how your monthly invoices will breakdown in the future. Generally, the first invoice you receive will be for first and last month’s payment. All payments in between will be the same amount. The monthly invoice amount will only change if you change your Child Care schedule.


    Where should I send my payment?

    All payments should be sent to:

    ChildCare at the Stratford Road Annex

    33 Bedford Road

    Plainview, NY 11803


    How was my invoice calculated?

    Each child’s yearly invoice is calculated individually. Using the District calendar, the Child Care office calculates exactly how many days and hours a child is registered in the program. Calculations do not count holidays, half-days (separate registration is required) or other days off from school into invoices. The invoices are an exact representation to how many school days and hours a child is scheduled to be in the program.


    Invoices are calculated for the entire school year and are broken up into  8 equal payments. They do not reflect how many days a child was scheduled for during the preceding or upcoming month of school. Aside from the first invoice, all monthly invoices will be for the same amount unless a change of schedule is made.


    When is my invoice due?

    All monthly invoices are due on the 1st of the month in which it is dated. If the payment is not received by the 15th of the month, you will receive a $25 dollar late fee. If you are more than 30 days late, your child will be removed from the program until payment is made. 


    What is an Extra Hour Invoice?

    An Extra Hour Invoice is for child care services used beyond what your child is registered for. Extra hours are billed at $10.00 per hour.


    What happens if I’m late paying my Child Care invoice?

    We kindly ask that all invoices are paid on time. However, if your payment is received after the 15th of the month, you will receive a $25 late fee. If payment is not received by the end of the month, your child or children will be subject to removal from the program until full payment is made. There will be no credit given for time out of the program in this situation.

    Jump Back To Top

    Making Changes Your Child Care Schedule:


    How many schedule changes per year can I make?

    Only one change will be allowed per year, and that will take effect on January 2nd. You can start submitting changes for January 2, 2023 from December 1, 2022 through December 15, 2022. 


    How do I make a change to my child’s schedule? Can I Withdraw

    The change form is on the Child Care website. Please fill it out and email it to Childcare@pobschools.org. 

    The withdrawal form in on the Child Care website. Please fill it out and email it to Childcare@pobschools.org. If you withdraw prior to using 4 weeks, you will be responsible for paying for all 4 weeks of child care.

    What are extra hours?
    Extra hours is time that your child attends the Child Care program beyond what they are registered for.  Any pick-up after that would be considered extra hours and any part of an hour counts towards a whole hour. 

    General Questions:

    What are the Child Care office hours?
    Office hours may vary, however the office is always open between 4:00 PM and 6:15 PM on every school day during the school year. Office hours during the summer vary and families are encouraged to call the program at (516) 434-3124 for hours or to make an appointment.


    Do I have to register for Child Care every year?

    Yes. Child Care registration does not carry over from year-to-year and the full registration process must be followed and completed by the stated deadlines. Please contact the Child Care office for registration deadlines.


    How do half-days work?

    Half-day Child Care is separate from regular Child Care and is only open to currently registered child care students. Parents or guardians must register through familyid.com by the registration deadline. Information about the half-day will be sent to you via ParentSqaure. 

    Jump Back To Top

    Do you have another question? Feel free to give the Child Care office at  (516) 434-3124.

    Jump Back To Top