ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW
FOR TEACHERS AND PRINCIPALS
TO IMPLEMENT EDUCATION LAW §3012-c AND THE
The New York State Board of Regents has committed to the transformation of the preparation, support, and evaluation of all teachers and school leaders in New York State. Chapter 21 of the Laws of 2012 amended Education Law §3012-c to fundamentally change the way teachers and principals are evaluated. As stated by the NYS Education Department, “The purpose of the evaluation system is to ensure that there is an effective teacher in every classroom and an effective leader in every school. The evaluation system will also foster a culture of continuous professional growth for educators to grow and improve their instructional practices1.”
School districts are required to submit their plan electronically for review by the New York State Education Department. In all, a total of 13 tasks/sections must be completed.
1. School District Information
2. State Growth or Comparable Measures - Teachers
3. Locally Selected Measures - Teachers
4. Other Measures of Effectiveness- Teachers
5. Composite Scoring - Teachers
9. Other Measures of Effectiveness - Principals
10. Composite Scoring - Principals
13. Submit Complete APPR Plan to NYSED for Review
Section 3012-c, as amended by Chapter 21 of the Laws of 2012, can be found at:
The revised regulations can be found at:
The New York State Education Department
Teaching /Leader /Mentor Standards
a. The New York State Teaching Standards. Web. 2011.
Educational Administration. Web. 2008.