Welcome to the POBJFK National Art Honor Society Webpage!
National Art Honor Society Dates
The National Art Honor Society will meet the third (3rd) Tuesday of every month unless notified.
You must attend 50% of the meetings. If you do not attend a meeting YOU must find out what you missed.
Apr. 25 (National Art Honor Society Induction Ceremony)
Plainview - Old Bethpage JFK High school
- Applications are on the school website and will be distributed by the National Art Honor Society advisor to those 10th, 11th and 12th grade students who meet the academic qualifications.
- To remain a member in good standing, a member must pay dues and complete 10 hours of community service hours in the visual arts each year once membership begins.
- Dues of $15.00 will be collected from each new and current member.
- Attendance is highly encouraged at 50% of NAHS meetings and Art, Photo or Fashion Club meetings a year.
- All members must participate in the “Inspired” Art Auction project, the collaborative Heckscher Art Museum Art Project, plus 2 fundraising events, ex: pizza sale, bake sale, Art Auction fundraiser.
- NAHS Executive Board Members must be in an Art class and a senior , attendance is also encouraged at any executive meetings called outside of the regularly scheduled meetings.
- To graduate with NAHS honors and earn the right to wear a cord at graduation, a member must remain in good standing until the graduation date.
- Members must retain a 93 average in art classes.
- Students must be in an Art class the year they enroll and are inducted in the NAHS. They can remain active if they are not enrolled in an Art class the year following the induction but must fulfil all Current Member NAHS requirements.
- In the event of an infraction of rules, a review by the officers and the advisor will be conducted. If the individual in question is an officer, he/she will not participate in the decision-making process.
2016-17 NAHS Application (updated application will be posted soon)