Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District
106 Washington Avenue, Plainview, NY 11803-3612
(Main Administrative Offices are located at Mattlin Middle School B-House, 1st Floor)
Phone: (516) 434-3000Mission Statement:The mission of the Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District is to prepare civic-minded students who productively participate in a diverse and ever-changing world as self-directed, confident, creative, curious, respectful, and empathetic learners.We do this by putting all students first providing the necessary resources and support to:
Core Values:We believe that we can achieve our vision and accomplish our mission if in all our work we focus on clearly defined and consistently demonstrated core values.To that end, in all our actions and interactions we will always:
- create a safe, inclusive environment that is focused on academic excellence, equity and where all students feel a sense of belonging;
- meet each student’s academic, social, emotional, and physical needs;
- engage our learning partners in active collaboration and communication; and,
- include opportunities for student voices to be a part of the decision-making process
- Actively listen and welcome all perspectives in the pursuit of the greatest good for all students and community members.
- Make decisions that attend to equity and inclusion.
- Engage in continuous learning that forwards the District Mission and Vision.
- Commit to academic excellence for all.
- Demonstrate kindness, empathy, respect, and integrity to all in the school community.
- Develop and support leaders who model a commitment to the District’s Mission and Vision.
- Remain fiscally responsible to our taxpayers.
About Us:The Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District operates one senior high school, two middle schools, and four elementary schools with an approximate enrollment of 5200. Of the school system's employees, approximately 525 are professional staff, and 350 are support staff.
POB students continue to perform impressively in all areas of schooling, including music, theatre, the fine arts and sports.