Welcome to the World
Languages Department at the Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District!
¡Hola! Bonjour! Ciao! 你好!
Our department offers a comprehensive
K-12 program in foreign languages. Students
have the opportunity to study Mandarin Chinese, Italian, French, American Sign
Language and Spanish.
Highlights of our program include …
the study of Mandarin Chinese from grades 1 through 12
the opportunity to study more than one foreign language in high school
exploratory language classes in French, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish through Curriculum Enrichment Units for 5th graders
Advanced Placement and honor courses in Spanish, Italian and French
the study of American Sign Language in Kindergarten
- Attention 5th grade students - click HERE to watch a presentation about your language selection.
- High School Students - Want to add another language to your schedule next year? Click HERE to see your options.
- Chinese Expands Business Opportunities - Click HERE to watch a video about China's new Apple Store.
- Click HERE to read our Fall 2014 edition of the Chinese newsletter.
- Click HERE to read a letter regarding a change in the listening comprehension assessment for midterm and final/FLACS exams.
Curriculum Support Guides
The following links have been prepared for students that are self-selecting to enroll in an Honors course for the 2016-2017 school year. The files contain links to youtube videos and powerpoints that review important grammatical and vocabulary concepts.
Resources for Listening Comprehension:
American Sign Language