2. The drama cadets had a great production of Shrek in February. The students put together a fantastic performance! The cast dealt with cancelled rehearsals because of weather and a stomach virus that went through the cast. They handled everything so well and I am extremely proud of them.
3. Transition meetings for all of the other grades will continue throughout the spring:
Grade 6 to 7 – March 11th
Grade 5 to 6 – March 13th
Grade 4 to 5 – April 7th (this is a date change from the school calendar – A BOE meeting was moved to our date so we are taking the BOE date.)
4. The staff volleyball game to raise money for Wounded Warrior is Wednesday, March 26th . Staff will play and so will some students. Raffle baskets will be used from the MAP groups that donated.
5. The world culture fair was moved to Monday, March 13th. It will be held in the gym and put together by the World Languages Department.
6. Thank you to the PTA for bringing in artist, Esther Tollen. The tile mosaic came out great and we look forward to displaying it in the courtyard.
7. Good luck to our Odyssey of the Mind Club! The club competes on Saturday, March 1st for the Long Island Championship!
8. Algebra Review classes will take place on the next several Saturdays beginning March 1st. A letter went home to all Algebra families with the details.
9. Founder’s Day is coming up on March 12th – Congratulations to this year’s recipient from the staff, Stacey Bowden.
10. HS101 will begin on Monday, March 3rd for our 8th grade students. This was rescheduled as a result of the snow the past two times. Keep your fingers crossed for no snow on Monday!
11. Please note the changes in the school calendar as a result of our five snow days. We will now only be off for Memorial Day for that weekend. We lost the three days attached to that weekend.
6:15 PM Founder's Day
9:30 AM Nutrition Mtg. @ HS
7:30 PM Athletic Booster Club Mtg. @ HS
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Friday Night Rec.
7:00 PM Board of Ed. Mtg.
7:30 PM MAPOB Instrument Petting Zoo
7:30 PM SEPTA Mtg. @ POBMS