Universal Pre-Kindergarten Information
We are happy to announce that the Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District is planning to offer a Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) program for the 2022-2023 school year. Children must be 4 years of age prior to December 31, 2022 to be eligible to participate. This program is fully funded by a New York State Department of Education grant. All placements in the program are contingent upon the reauthorization of the Universal Pre-Kindergarten grant.
The Universal Pre-K program will be a full-day program, running Monday through Friday, offered through partnerships with Universal Pre-Kindergarten centers located within the district. The program will begin on or about September 1, 2022 and will follow the school district calendar. There is NO COST to participate in this program. Parents and guardians are responsible for providing transportation for their child. The curriculum follows NYS Pre-Kindergarten Standards and is taught by New York State Certified Teachers.
Registering for the lottery does not take the place of the registration process. If your child participates in the UPK program, additional information such as a birth certificate and proof of residency within the Plainview-Old Bethpage school district will be required.
Families selected for the 2022-2023 UPK Lottery will begin to be alerted the week of February 28, 2022.
Any questions may be directed to POBUPK@pobschools.org
Please review the following information regarding the application process:
- Seats are limited to approximately 97 students and placement is not guaranteed.
- Students will be selected for the program by a randomized lottery to be observed by the District’s auditing firm. Please see information below on entering the lottery. Requests to enter the lottery past the deadline are unable to be accommodated.
- Parents/guardians who have entered the lottery will be given the opportunity to rank the participating Pre-K centers in order of preference.
- The number of seats available at each of the locations for the Pre-K program is limited, and placement will be determined by the results of the randomized lottery.
- In order to provide a fair and consistent process for all qualified residents, we cannot honor requests to switch locations.
- Once all seats are filled, children will be placed on a waiting list.
- Students must be a Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District resident and be 4 years of age on or before December 31, 2022 (a birthdate between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018) in order to participate.