Our next concert is on May 15th. Please see rehearsal details below.
Please see details below regarding the string program schedule following the concert.
- Orchestra rehearsal period zero on Tuesday is optional, a reward for a great concert.
- Orchestra will resume on Thursday with new music!
- Monday period 1 warm up and period 2 concert will serve as your lesson for the concert week so you don't miss more class!
- Full schedule of orchestra and lessons resume the week of May 22nd.
- The last day of orchestra and lessons is Thursday, June 8th.
- Please bring your home,school loaned cello or bass to your last lesson.
- If you will be taking lessons over the summer, please see Mrs. Lucas about summer rental paperwork.
Please click the link for the currentPlease note that homework must be handed in by the due date.
Each homework assignment gives details regarding what to focus on however, please check to make sure you are working to your best ability by checking the rubric. Each practice session should bring you farther along on the rubric. performance rubrics
Please click the links below to listen to your orchestra pieces:
Homework assignments can also be found on the stand near the backpack cubbies just outside that classroom.
Extra help is available by appointment during the beginning of lunch on Tuesday and Thursday as I am not in the building during period 9.
Grades Report card grades are determined by participation in lessons and orchestra rehearsals, preparation (instrument and music present ) and periodic assessments of progress. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding grades.
Spring Concert information
Orchestra groups will be performing on May 15, 2017 at 7PM
please arrive at 6:30 PM for tuning and warm up
There will be a school assembly on the same day during period 2
Click the link for the 4/26 stage rehearsal details and concert information letter
Spring lesson schedules-click on the link below to see your schedule.
Student homework sheets are available on the stand just outside the orchestra classroom
Homework sheets are checked weekly
Assignments are from the workbook, and orchestra music
instrument in good working order
shoulder rest ( for violinists and violists)
1/2 inch binder or folder
spare set of strings
music stand for home practice